Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Almost Ready to Ship...

"Tahitian Tradition: Ti Fai Fai"
Suzanne Kistler 2010

My quilt is finished. It is blocked and square and labeled. All that is left is to put on a sleeve. The white "dots' around the binding are shells. The speckles on the turtles are beads. The starfish in the center is porcelain. The quilt is made entirely by hand, with the exception of attaching the binding. Hand appliqued, hand quilted, hand beaded.

If you click on the picture, it should enlarge a bit, but the photograph does not do it justice. I LOVE this quilt, and have to say that I am happier with it than I've been with a finished quilt in a long, long time. I'm not even sick of it, which says a lot!!!

Wish me luck, I'll be sending it off before the week's end...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A masterpiece, Suzanne, truly a masterpiece. The beads on the turtle's backs remind me of the sun glistening through the water as a turtle is rising up in the ocean.
I am wishing for the best in the judging! I doubt any other entry will be similar.
Great job! Brenda

Deborah said...

This is a fabulous piece! Good luck!

Kay said...

Lovely, Suzanne! This is a beautiful and unexpected use of the fabric. Best of luck!

Unknown said...

It is even better in person. I am so glad I was at Thimble Town today so I see your beautiful work.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

It's wonderful. Wishing you luck.

pb said...

Gosh Suzie it is beautiful. So unexpected.

Nina Marie said...

Oh Suz - pretty pretty!!! No matter where the new fangle techniques take quilting, there is truly something special and precious about a quilt made entirely by hand. WOWOWOW!!

Sara Kelly said...

Even a photo that can't do it justice shows that this quilt is extraordinary. Can't wait to see it in person someday. You'll surely blow away the competition.