Saturday, September 4, 2010

ARG!!!

Double Arg!! Stupid Blogger!! Twisting my pictures!!

And Blogger wasn't the reason for the title of the post!

I finished the quilting on Fish Dance, and trimmed it nice and square.

oooh. aaaah.

Then I flipped it over.

My brain started channeling Rex Harrison as 'enry 'iggins as he went on his D! D! D! D! Why can't a woman?!!! tirade. Only it went "Why can't the dye just STAY PUT!!!!"

I prewash EVERYTHING. I prewash batiks with Synthrapol. I wash twice. I use color catchers. I wash and rinse until the color catchers barely change color if at all. Still, I wet my quilt and BAM.

Dye, I hate you.

Okay, so I don't really hate you. You are a lovely shade of blue. However, I really do prefer you to stay on the FRONT of the quilt and leave the back alone!!!!

That is all.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Oh, I feel your pain! Just like my Hoffman. So sorry this happened.

Nina Marie said...

What a pain!!! Can't believe Hoffman's are starting to run like that - for me it was always Jinny Beyer's RJRs. Why was it wet to begin with though - were you blocking it?

Hey but Congrats on getting the UFO done!!