Monday, September 6, 2010

Better, But Not By Much...


Oh, the frustrations!!

I went down on my knees, trying to get the blue out of the back of this quilt. I soaked, I scrubbed, I used Oxyclean. What did I get? Some of the blue came out, but not a whole lot. Look at this mess!!

My perfectly square quilt is no longer. The Color Catchers at the bottom of the frame show you how little dye was actually released. It is still right there, in the back of the quilt. I think the thread must have soaked up the dye, along with the fabric on the back and the batting.

After much coaxing and poking and prodding, I was able to reshape the quilt to this. Not as perfect as before, but better. See that blue streak? I think I know where the saying, "Swearing a blue streak" comes from. ;) Not that I did, but boy, my mind came up with words and phrases that I didn't know I knew. Shocking!

And that's all folks, or almost all. Still needs the labels and the sleeve, which have been waiting patiently since Thursday...

P.S. The reason it was wet the first time around was that the edges were a bit woobly and I wanted them nice and flat before binding. I spritzed it with water and patted it down. Blocking made it nice and flat, but as you saw in my earlier post, the side-effects of the cure were worse than the disease...

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are a stronger woman than I. I would have cursed so much that the quilt would have eventually blushed pink!

V said...

Oh, Suzie, I am so sorry it bled through. It's still beautiful on the front, though! I like it. =)