Sunday, September 19, 2010

One More Fair Quilt


Here's a last quilt made by "Sussie." I can tell you exactly what's wrong with it. The points are chopped off on the squares, along the borders. It is particularly noticeable on the top and bottom. How did that happen? Well...

I couldn't remember the right size to cut squares to make quarter triangles, and I asked a friend instead of hunting down the info. She had a "new and better" method: no measuring, less waste, etc. I cut as directed, and all of my set-in triangles came out 1/8" too short. All of my points along the edge were sacrificed to give the full 1/4" seam allowance to attach the border.

Why did I not cut a replacement set of setting triangles? It was because the "less waste" cutting method used up all my fabric!!

This old dog does like new tricks - they never work for her. Next time? It's back to the old-fashioned way. If if was good enough for everyone's grandma, it's good enough for me... ;)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I clicked to enlarge and didn't see a problem. Nice quilt!