The first order of business was to get a new iron. This Classic Sunbeam (no Black & Decker available) came home with me for $19.99. So far, so good. Most of the controls are manual. yay.
The second order of business was to try it out. I've had this block, done in a Ruth McDowell workshop AGES ago, sitting on my desk, waiting for borders. Slap those puppies on, and next?
Not only did I get the Tropical Stone Mosaic quilt quilted, I attached the binding. All I need to do is stitch it down. I want you to look at that piecework in the binding. Slow and steady won this race - I don't think there is any room for improvement in the matching the seams between the quilt and the binding.
In case you missed it the first time around, here it is again. I know, I'm easily impressed. But really, it was a challenge. I mean, the first time I cut the angle, I cut it backwards. Translation: Where the quilt zigged, the binding zagged. It took some slicing and dicing and ripping and resewing to get it ready to go again. I am pleased, oh so pleased, with the results.
If I ever enter this quilt in a show, the narrative will instruct the viewer to "Please, look at my binding!"
Hopefully they will...and they'll completely miss the middle of the quilt, where the points don't match. Don't tell anyone, it will be our little secret...
Guitar Study. 13"x13" and 13"x17"
1 week ago