Friday, September 24, 2010

Today's Treasure Hunt

I've gone out and am back again, toting "treasure." You know what they say about one man's junk...

yeah. It's now mine. :) I couldn't resist the "DCCA Tulare" logo on this beat up old milk can. I bought it for Pete. Will he or won't he like it? Milk can? Tulare? Can I really go wrong with this? Probably, but the price was right, so it's a gamble I'll take.

At the same place, I found this petit point purse. Lovely. It matches a purse that I inherited from my mom, only this one is twice the size. The red leather interior is in mint condition. $5. Do I need it? No. Did I buy it? Of course.

Finally, I bought these "real shell" necklaces for $1 apiece. If anyone is looking for shells to embellish their fiber art, I highly recommend checking out your local yard sales. There are plenty of people who have outgrown their Hawaiian souvenirs, and the price beats that of a craft or bead store.

I also liked the bright blue geode slice. I'm sure it's dyed, but it matches the blue/white corner of the living room. For another dollar? I'll take it.

The other treasure I have to share is a website. Yesterday I linked my SAQA quilt purchase to Susan Brubaker Knapp's blog. I should have linked to her website. This morning I had time to sit down and explore it. ohmygosh!!! If you are a fan of art quilts, and even if you're not, click HERE for something that just might take your breath away.

2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Dang, girl! You got some good stuff! Better guard that purse. I have some outfits that it would just match:-).

Unknown said...

Home listings and homes for sale near your area.
Find your perfect property advertised by owner and real estate agent.
More details homes for sale in fresno ca