Thursday, December 2, 2010

Falling, Falling

Gingko leaves fascinate me.

They remind me of snowflakes, in their individuality, without the symmetry. They have no symmetry.

The freeze a few days ago has released them from their branches, and the subsequent yellow carpet is quite attractive.

On a completely different note, Charlie's got some symmetry going on at the base of his tail. Hey Charlie? What's up? Upon close examination, he is missing fur and skin, just past where his tail attaches. Over the past four days, four wounds have become very apparent, and seem to cause him pain. He hasn't run a fever, so we've allowed him to self-medicate (lick it to death). I wish he would tell us what happened. Did you get caught in a door? Did you get caught by a dog? What happened? The missing fur was the first thing I noticed upon returning from our Thanksgiving time away. I would post a picture of the wounds, but have been told they are gross and offensive. I wouldn't want to gross you out, or offend.

On a more cheerful note, this stamped, batik, fish card swam into my mailbox yesterday. Another piece of Postmarkd Art.

Round 11 - Fish
Sandy Wagner

And that's what I've got for today. Tomorrow I have something BIG. :)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Poor Charlie! Hope he recovers soon!

Kay said...

Are you sure it's a wound? Don't mean to be gross, but long ago we had a cat whose tail lost fur around it like that. Turned out to be ringworm, which is contagious...just saying. I can't imagine where he would have contacted it though.