Friday, December 10, 2010

More Walnut Pictures

I stopped by the walnut house today, to see how things are shaping up. The cat that came with the property thinks it is shaping up VERY nicely, thankyouverymuch.

It was almost too much to ask, to get him to say "Hello." He was pretty cozy.

Oh? Are you the one who supplied the blanket?

Okay, so maybe I should give you a little bit of attention...

He seems to be adjusting very well.

Speaking of well, we have one now. It's got the cone-shaped do-hickey on top. I thought wells looked like wishing wells. Shows how much I know about living in the country. Do you like the little arbor? It trellises an enormous grape vine.

This is the pump for irrigating. It's separate from the well, and much closer to the house.

This wooden shed is out the back window.

Here's another view. Do you see the treasure the porch holds?

It came with a stash of bricks. How cool is that? The boys have been asking for bricks for a LONG time.

Andrew and I went for a walk, in our own little "woods." The drop in temperature has changed the look of the trees, hasn't it?

Do you see more hidden treasure? If you squint, you might see our neighbor to the west. I suspect this might be what initially drew my husband to the place.

Here's a close-up, if you couldn't tell.

In the other direction, it's just more trees, until you get to the road.

Well look who joined us on our walk. Do you suppose he's afraid he's going to be left on his lonesome again?

"Guys! Guys? Follow me! This way. Come on, let's go back to the house. I wouldn't want you to get lost!"

It is so peaceful out there. I really enjoyed it. Despite the neighboring calf ranch, I suspect I could get used to the peace and the quiet.

On a different note, here is one of the quilted cards I made. I quilted the snowflake in the corner, then beaded it with bugle beads and seed beads. I was quite pleased with the result.

That's a wrap, folks. Hope you enjoyed the tour!

No comments: