Wednesday, December 8, 2010

No Pictures Today

I spent a few hours in the Studio, making a couple of quilted cards from remnants of the icicle. I'm thrilled with the way they turned out, but it will be a few days before I share them with you. Hopefully the pictures are good, I think the results were pretty successful.

I also put together a base for a SAQA exhibit I'm hoping to be part of. I've got until mid-January, which is good. A December deadline would be a downer. I'm telling myself I can meet the early (very early) Paducah deadline in January, but that may be wishful thinking. My quilt needs about...25 hours of attention. That should do it.

Thank you for all of the awesome comments regarding the walnut property. I was out there again today, and it's already looking lived in. After being fed three days in a row, the cat has decided that he doesn't really need people. He's lazy about saying "Hi," a far cry from his frantic pre-December greetings. His attitude is encouraged by the blanket he's been gifted. Why get up, when he's so comfortable?

Charlie's tail is almost healed. Our current theory is that he actually caught it. If you knew Charlie, you'd understand. He's not the brightest bulb in the factory. In fact, he barely lights up at all. It's part of his charm.

I have LOTS of plans for sewing/quilting in the next couple of weeks, but getting it done? Organizing my time is going to be a challenge. Did I mention that I've got parties scheduled on almost a daily basis? Usually I give little thank you tokens to various service people that come to the house (mailman, bug man, etc.) but I haven't even begun to think about it. The bug man comes tomorrow. What can I throw together in the next 12 hours? I think a 6am wake-up is in order. I believe I usually give him a quilted ornament.

I should think about a tree, too. The Christmas tree is one of my favorite parts of December. Pulling out the ornaments and hanging them? Nothing brings back more memories than that activity. "My mom gave me this one." "We got this one the year Adam was born." "Andrew made this in Kindergarten." Perhaps tomorrow I'll find time to swing by and pick out the right tree for our living room.

That's all I've got for you today. Lots of thoughts, not much action. I hope that your days are more productive than mine, but whether they are or not? I hope that they are filled with making memories. If you've got an empty nest, like we do, trips down Memory Lane are a fun place to go.

And on that, perhaps tomorrow I will have some pictures for you. Until then!!

No comments: