Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What a Beautiful Day!

This morning the sun came up and started drying up the rain that fell over the weekend. I was captivated by the mist rising from the fence, backlit by the sun.

If you click on the photo, you may see what I saw. Or not.

Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera with me when I ran errands. The sky was a spectacular blue, I could have been in New Mexico. The mountains looked close enough to touch. They have a nice dusting of snow, which seems to be early this year. yay.

I haven't had much of a chance to enjoy the out of doors, as I've been working to finish this last quilt-for-hire of the year. I'm told these lovely pastels are a Moda collection. I quilted in the ditch along the strips and bricks. I put roses in the spaces, and strips of vine-y leaves along the top and bottom.

I'm usually not a fan of a plain muslin back, but with the pale pink thread, it actually looked quite nice.

Now that this quilt has been delivered, I can move on to the next thing. Party, party, party, party, party...and that's just in the next 9 days. Am I ready? No, not one little bit. Good thing tomorrow has a whole lot of nothing on the calendar!!!

No comments: