Monday, January 24, 2011

No Dropping Allowed...

You've heard the phrase, "Shop 'til you drop," right? Well, I shopped this week, that's for sure. First stop, a little (ha! 9,000 sq ft of quilting pleasure is not exactly little) bit of Quilter's Paradise on the border between Escondido and San Marcos. I'd gone down to visit my dad, after the first visit to Road. I'd never heard of it, he was anxious to see if it lived up to its name. He declared that, "Indeed, it does!"

The only thing I dropped there was a pile of pretty pennies. :) I walked out with these hilarious Dr. Seuss prints. Love them, love them! For some reason the Thing 1/Thing 2 fabric reminded me of my youngest. He's just the kind of boy who might try to fly a kite indoors...

For those of you who might be interested, here's a picture of me with my dad. We're at the latest version of Estrada's restaurant. We've followed them around town and through the generations over the past 35+ years. Their food is always a favorite.

On Friday, I took the bus trip back to Road. This is what I was able to stuff into my tote bag. The bag wasn't overly big, but size isn't everything. It's what's inside that counts. If you click on the image, you might be able to see some of the beautious beads that I bought. I am particularly enamored by the red glass "vintage German" beads just below the King Tut thread color card. I already have a project in mind for them, if I can only find the time.

My last picture has been upended by Blogger. *sigh* Turn it 90 degrees counter-clockwise, and you will see a quiltlet I sent to my friend JPJOC. She's a judge in Tucson. I thought she could use a "Thinking of Moo" card. :) I'm guessing smiles have been few and far between in her neck of the woods over the past couple of weeks.

That's all I've got for today. I've been working on the quilt show and playing catch-up after so many days away. The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. Surely that is against the laws of Physics! If not, it definitely breaks all laws of Grammar.

And that's it for today. Gotta run...

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Fun little quiltlet and great photo of you and your dad! Looking forward to seeing what you do with those beads!