Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Can't...

good grief!! I can't do ANYTHING!!!

Okay, so maybe that's not completely true, but yesterday morning, in the middle of printing, my printer (HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-One printer/fax/copier/scanner) declared an "Ink System Failure!" of the first magnitude.

All the wheedling and cajoling, the plugging and unplugging, the booting and rebooting, the "pull out the ink, turn it off, put the ink back in," etc., etc. did nothing to convince the machine that it was perfectly fine and not in the least danger of failure.

mutter mutter electronics!

Who thought it would be a good idea to make them an integral part of the home?

Doesn't that printer know I have a quilt show to work on? Or maybe it does.

And maybe it knows that I was in the middle of printing my once-a-week letter to a blind friend the next town over.

And maybe it knows that I NEED to print delivery directions for IHQS, so that I'll ship my quilts properly.

Maybe it doesn't think I spend enough time with it, and should stop browsing websites and dreaming up new places to enter my quilts. I have to print out entry forms when I find them. Currently I can't.

Foiled again!!

arg.

I've given it 24 hours, it still refuses to cooperate.

Today I will select a machine with fewer bells and whistles. Maybe it will last more than 18 months.

stupid machine.

2 comments:

kat said...

Yay for technology!!!

Vicki W said...

Ugh. Electronics have us held captive and they torture us on a regular basis.