I put the finishing touches on my second coxcomb head today, including adding all of the gathering stitches. I began pinning it in place, and to my chagrin, I discovered my "head" was too small. arg!
Instead of spending the afternoon stitching it in place, I dismantled it, added two more rows of diamonds, and started reinserting gathering stitches. At this rate, my "finish it today" goal will be delayed until Saturday, at the earliest.
So much to do, so many mis-steps.
On a happier note, my new red (real!) leather chair from Overstock.com arrived yesterday. It's already a useful perch for simultaneous handwork and family interaction.
I WILL get this quilt done, and maybe this chair will be just the accessory I need to see me through to the end.
If you don't hear from me, I've got my head down and I'm not coming up for air until the coxcomb quilt is finished. Really. That's the plan.
Guitar Study. 13"x13" and 13"x17"
1 week ago