Thursday, February 17, 2011

mumble, grumble

I put the finishing touches on my second coxcomb head today, including adding all of the gathering stitches. I began pinning it in place, and to my chagrin, I discovered my "head" was too small. arg!

Instead of spending the afternoon stitching it in place, I dismantled it, added two more rows of diamonds, and started reinserting gathering stitches. At this rate, my "finish it today" goal will be delayed until Saturday, at the earliest.

So much to do, so many mis-steps.

On a happier note, my new red (real!) leather chair from Overstock.com arrived yesterday. It's already a useful perch for simultaneous handwork and family interaction.

I WILL get this quilt done, and maybe this chair will be just the accessory I need to see me through to the end.

If you don't hear from me, I've got my head down and I'm not coming up for air until the coxcomb quilt is finished. Really. That's the plan.

2 comments:

pb said...

Love the chair. It is encouraging to me discouraging to you probably about the mistakes. I finished another little quilt for my Charlotte's birthday. It did not turn out as green as I would have hoped but the colors look good together.

Vivian Helena said...

Hi Suzanne, I am filling out the forms for BOV. Will just get it in under the wire.. how time flies...
By the way when I went to your Blog, I could not get through to you on your email address..and noticed it is not on the BOV form..
We plan to be there on the Fri, hope to see you there.. vivian