Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day, Revisited

Hubby came home bearing flowers. I thought they were worthy of recording.

When I took the picture, I noticed the gnome in the photo, and thought you might like a closer look. I made this mug mug the summer before I entered 7th grade. I found it a few months ago, and thought its quirkiness still interesting. I don't even have to explain why I do not work with clay.

I finished the first flower last night. I thought it looked pretty good, but apparently Blogger has issues with it.

What do you think? I know. You think you have to turn your monitor sideways to see it properly. *sigh* Sorry. I have no control over Blogger.

Although the values of red look quite distinct in the photo, the values read much smoother in person. At least I think they do. I hope they do. I'll just have to get the other one done and see what I think. I've scattered the reds in a different pattern, so hopefully together they will read as more "natural."

The entry postmark deadline is February 24. I hope your entry is on its way or will be soon. For more info, check www.botvquilts.com.

No comments: