Thursday, July 7, 2011

Low Riding

Apparently last month's Appliance Armageddon at our house was merely a prelude to bigger and better broken.

Today it was my car. Take a gander. What? It looks fine to you? Look how close the fender is to the back tire. We're barely skimming the ground.

I took it to the dealer, and came home with a rental. "We don't recommend driving it without airbags, and we don't have the fix-it part in stock." The good news is that the part should be in tomorrow, and will be installed to the tune of 1/4 thousand dollars. yeah. I know. It's a $30 part. And we don't know if this will actually fix it or not.

In the meantime, I am researching new cars, one of my least favorite things to do. But someone's got to do it eventually, and this car is 10 years old...

On a happier note, I remembered to take a picture of this card yesterday. I like the way it turned out, even though the red star barely shows. The gold makes it stand out a bit more.

I guess that's it. No sewing today, I spent the morning getting this car looked at and the afternoon having a new windshield installed in the van. Joy, joy, count it all joy.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

We are apparently living in the same world. In the last month our oven, dryer, air conditioner and water heater (today) have broken. It's as if some deity wants me to be a pioneer woman! My car is 11 years old. Please don't give it any ideas.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

So sorry. I hope the $30 part works.
At least the card is pretty and you got a picture of it before you mailed it.

Quiltedtime said...

As the late Gilda Radner used to say, "It's always something...." She was so right.