Friday, August 26, 2011

Power-Less

SCE has notified me that there is a scheduled power outage in my neighborhood from 9:30-3:30 today. That means I can "forget the house," but most of my sewing activities are also not going to happen. I don't have any great hand quilting projects that I'd like to spend 6 hours on today, so I may have to leave for a few hours.

It's supposed to be close to 100, and without the A/C? Shopping sounds good at the moment.

Speaking of shopping, Jeremy HAS to stop bringing new fabric into Thimble Towne!! These arrived on Monday, and went home with me on Tuesday. I did think about them for almost 24 hours before rushing in to make sure they hadn't all been sold...

Remember that class I took with Jeannette DeNicolis Meyer, back in May, at Asilomar? This raw edge woven piece was one of the techniques we worked on. For some reason I like it. I don't think it's finished, but it's not talking at the moment. I've thought of adding a cardinal, or cutting it and turning it into a pillow. Any suggestions? At least it has more substance than it did when it was a flimsy woven raw-edged mess...

And finally, I haven't been doing anything spectacular, I've just been plugging along. I made these airplane blocks back in the early 90's (like 1991!), and they've been in the UFO box since then. Last year I added the setting squares, and a few months ago I added the large triangles to put it on point. A few weeks ago I slapped on the borders, and last week and this I quilted it.

One less UFO, finally, finally. I've got a few feet of binding left to secure.

How long does it take to make a quilt? This simple baby took about 2 decades. egads!

Gotta run before they pull my plug. 'Til next time!! Keep on quiltin'!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

That is too long for a UFO but it looks spectacular. Would be cute for a little boy grandson you might have one day.