Thursday, November 10, 2011

Houston Lingers


When they say "everyone" goes to Houston, they aren't kidding. Look who I saw, when I walked in the door one morning. I chased after him, until he was stopped by a fan. Smile, Santa! You're on Candid Camera!

The following is a random selection of quilts that caught my eye each time I went through their rows. I suppose it was the color, along with the geometry, that did the trick. Whatever it was, I was drawn to these.

oh dear, another blur. I'm sorry!



This quilt was VERY attractive. I loved the poinsettia wreath. The twigs in the border had couched yarn, adding enough texture that I wanted to touch it. I behaved, I did not touch.



Later, on this same day, I ran across an elf. I told her that I'd seen Santa earlier, and she was a bit surprised. She said he said he was going to be staying home and resting! ;)







I haven't done much creating since I've been back, although I have held a needle. While at the show, I bought a darning ball and darning yarn. When I got home, I bought some needles. Why am I darning my socks? Because they're cashmere, they're my favorites, and Costco doesn't seem to have them this year...

Last night I pulled out some drafting tools, to help Mr. Carpenter with a project. He's making a bridal arch for his buddy, who is getting married next month.

And finally, I was thinking about getting ready for retreat - I haven't even started - and saw the pile of wrapped clothesline in the corner. Rather than drag it with me, I stitched up the basket last night. It's my biggest one yet. I have to say that I think I like the smaller ones better.

I'm still waiting for 16 pounds of my Houston purchases to arrive. I don't know if I can show you what I bought, I got more than a little carried away. If my shopping is an indication, I guess I'm hoping that 2012 is going to be a VERY productive year!!

No comments: