Monday, November 14, 2011

Retreat Wrap Up

Saturday brought beautiful blue skies. What a lovely day for a wedding! We weren't invited, but we were happy for the bride.

This is the room where we set up our workshop. Inside the machines hum nonstop. Well, that's probably not completely accurate. The room seemed to empty by 11pm. When I got there before 7am, there were usually 6 others already there. But for a group of 40 women...I thought there would be more sewing both into the wee hours and before the sun rose.

I stayed in the room on the left. It had a king-sized bed and a roomy bathroom. My only complaint was that it took about 10 minutes to get hot water into the shower. I wish I were exaggerating.

The walk between the workroom and my room was lovely.

The last of this year's roses were doing their best to go out with a splash of color.

The roses remind me of my childhood, when Daddy had 150 rosebushes growing in our backyard.

I try to guess the names of these beauties. Queen Elizabeth? Is it you?

Sterling Silver? Are you lavender enough to be her?

In addition to the roses blooming, leaves were falling. Look at this monster leaf. WOW.

The nights are coming early now. In Wonder Valley, it was gorgeous.

It was our 15 year retreat anniversary. In celebration, Julie made this cake from 9.5 yards of white on white fabric.

Looks like their friends were busy after the wedding. I saw the happy couple drive off, the morning after.

All too soon it was time to go.

The last sentinel bid me adieu.

This is the one peek of the river that can be glimpsed as one leaves.

And now I'm home. It's good to be back.

No comments: