Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas is Coming?!!

This weekend, we went to the Dickens Faire in SF at the Cow Palace. I met up with Christmas Present. I absolutely must make a costume like this for my son. He could rock it...without the lipstick!! :)

I got the tree up. Instead of using any of my usual decorations, I was so late that I confined my selection to those made by my husband's grandmother. Our tree has never been small enough to look full with just these. It needs a bit more sparkle, but a visit to Hobby Lobby in the next day or two should take care of that.

See the ornaments? Gram made them all, years ago. They would be vintage family heirlooms, doncha know? :)

Charlie approves.

So does Edgar.

On Monday, our art group, Sew Eclectic got together for a marvelous Christmas party at Pat's Place.

My gift was to give them some scissors and let them loose on a bin of fancy yarns.

I think they liked it...

On Thursday, the Itty Bitties got together for our usual breakfast. Our group is the increasingly shrinking very appropriately named itty bitty friendship group. Still, good friends, good company...it's all good!

And there you go. If you've wondered what I've been up to, I've been go, go, go, not preparing in the least bit for Christmas. I haven't sewn a stitch, or shopped. But I've been to Tahiti and overseen some construction and gone to parties and visited with family. All in all, not a bad way to spend a month...and we've still got Christmas to look forward to!

P.S. Did I mention that Sew Eclectic is in the middle of a gallery show and sale at Artisans in Hanford? Stop by if you have some Christmas shopping to do. You might find just the perfect gift for someone...or for you!!

1 comment:

Vivian Helena said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Love your Christmas photos, and construction moving along.. Fantastic travel photos also.. wish I could have been a mouse on that trip. Great fun... Merry Christmas and Happy Quilting New Year..