Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out With the Old..

Really? Really?!!

I'm sitting here, FINALLY catching up on my blog reading, and I hear a clumsy cat. I turn and look out the window, thinking "Which cat is this?" After all, there is a passle (are a passle?) of moochers who show up to chow down with regularity.

But no. It's not a cat. It's a...you know what it is, don't you? I was floored. I thought we were done with this, but apparently the opossum is back. At least I hope it is just one. Now I know why the food dishes are COMPLETELY empty every morning. I didn't think it was THAT cold to warrant that kind of consumption.

Well, I can't track back and find the posts about the previous possums...we had one week when I caught three on my porch. ugh. Use a humane trap, and call animal control. They do the rest, which is relocate and release them. I'm sure the folks in the country just love that! Me? I live in the city and I was here first!

That's right, you creepy critter! Run away!! He's right at the curve of the lawn. If you really want to see him, click on the picture to enlarge.

So anyway, I was sitting here thinking about 2012. All I think about when I think of 2012 is April 13-15, and all that leads up to it. That, my friends, is the Best of the Valley Quilt Show. Mark your calendars now, as it's going to be a good one.

Download the entry form and guidelines, and submit your quilt(s). Call your guild and suggest a bus trip - we'll give you a group discount for 10 or more...

What? Pictures? You weren't looking for business?

I took a few pictures of parts of my design wall. There is plenty to do, perhaps in 2012?

The white is the beginning of a quilted card (5" x 7").

Here are three more white quilted cards in progress. They have been pieced with leftovers from some of my icicle quilts. The bear card in the upper right needs help. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about/with him.

This last frame shows a red "Passionate" quilt that I'm making for myself. I loved the "Passion" quilt I donated to SAQA, I've been working on one for me, since last March. The two pieces below - the brown woven and the green/tan strips - were two of the projects from my class with Jeanette DeNicolis Meyer. One of these days I may finish one or both of them.

So, speaking of finishing. I guess it's time for me to add up my 2012 UFO list. Let's see how long it takes me to assemble and post it. One serious goal I have for the new year is to get back on a regular posting schedule. Travel has taken its toll, and I'm not sure I'm ever going to get back on track. But I've set a goal, and we all know that "Goals are good!"

Hope to "see" you tomorrow. Happy New Year!!

No comments: