Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bits & Stitches

This week has seen the electrical and the plumbing go in. yay! The inspector came by yesterday and signed his approval. Today a crew came in and started putting in the insulation. Double yay.

This was the state of our "sink" yesterday.

These are the shower and toilet. Nice, eh? :0

And I've been looking at paint. The lapboard comes in this brown color. I want the building to be yellow, with white trim.

The paint lady suggested painting a swatch on the wall, and then standing back. "You'll know if it's the right color." hmmm. I'm not certain that it's the "right" color, but it's not the wrong one. I've had plenty of paint chips showing the wrong yellow. This one is happy, and three of the kids give it the thumbs up. The other has not offered an opinion, Dad just groans. "Paint it whatever color you like." Thank you, dear, I like yellow. :)

This is not my cat. This is a neighborhood ex-tom, who apparently thinks it's appropriate to hang out on my doorstep, waiting for dinner. Seriously? Dude! You don't even like me!

This IS my cat. This is Malcolm, who has been banned to the backyard. Apparently he's found a lovely new shelter, amid various pots and garden debris. You look lovely, sir. Simply lovely!

I had time to finish this card today. yay. It will go out in Monday's mail.

I finished this card as well. It will also go out in Monday's mail. I've been using up more of my icicle scraps. I guess it's just something about January that has inspired me.

Before working on the cards, I worked on a quilt-for-hire, finishing all of the stabilizing in-the-ditch work.

And last night, I started on my first block of the month submission for guild, in YEARS. I used to be BOM chairman, decades ago, now I can't even remember the last time I took an hour or two to make a block. It's been so long since I've appliqued, I thought it would be good practice. I was right. It's a lot of fun.

And that's about it. I'm actually home for a day, and trying to make the most of my time. Sew faster! Sew faster!

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

I love yellow buildings also. The paint I used said "might be subject to fading" AND IT DID! My picture perfect yellow house ended up being a less than bright, quite faded yellow. Something you might ask about. Good luck!