Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rain Today, Sort Of

I'm not sure if it's Farm Show that dictates rain, or rain that dictates Farm Show. All I know is that they go together like peas and carrots. I spent this morning and yesterday morning in this building, quilting.

Here we are, yesterday, working on our opportunity quilt.

Here we are today, again working on the quilt. We do it backwards, quilting from the inside out. I know you usually do that when quilting by hand or home machine, but in a large frame? Usually you quilt from the outside in. But if you're relocating repeatedly, and storing the quilt, it works better for us to quilt from the inside out.

It was gloomy outside. I love this picture.

This one? Not so much. But I like the blimp, flying among the tree toppers. (At least I think that's what they are.)

At the walnuts, we have texture. It needs to dry and be sanded before I can try out my sample paint color. It's cold outside, so it's drying very slowly.

The painter IS out there, caulking the outside. The contractor would like him to paint the interior ASAP, but the wet mud on the walls makes that a bit difficult.

I finished another quilt-for-hire today. The quilting designs don't show up too well here, but they look good in person. I'm not so sure I like my new camera.

This is the back of the quilt. If you click on it, you can see the design much better. I think it is quite balanced and lovely. Let's hope its owner thinks the same.

And that's what I've got for today. Hope you enjoyed the show...

No comments: