Saturday, February 11, 2012

So Confused

The weather, or lack thereof, has really confused my bulbs.

For the past several years, or as long as I've been paying attention to them, my narcissus have begun blooming in November or December. This year, I had nothing. Until the end of January. And now, in February, they've decided "it's time."

And on the other end of the spectrum, the daffodils bloom in April. Or March, at the earliest. And here they are, blooming in early February. What's with that?

Poor babies are so confused!

At least the irises seem to know what they're doing, as they are shooting up buds all over the yard. They usually do this in February. I haven't seen a bloom yet, but stay tuned. I expect to see some inspiration any day now...

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

My garden is confused as well. The daffodils are ready to pop open. The Dutch tulips are up. The buds are beginning to open on the peach trees. I sure hope we don't have a hard frost. I am going to wait until the middle of March to plant my vegetables.