Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Big Olive

So the quilt show has been in Lindsay for three years. This is our fourth year at McDermont Field House. I've gone back and forth a dozen times a year at least. Probably closer to two dozen. Never have I seen The Olive.

Last year my husband brought our College/Career Ministry group to the show. Actually, he's done that every year. But this time, Naomi said, "We saw the olive!"

The olive? What olive?

She tried to explain it to me, but I couldn't find it. We googled for it, and nothing. Last month, when I was at the venue, I asked the locals. "It might be near the Super 8 Motel. Are you sure there's an olive?"

Naomi seemed pretty convinced she saw one.

And then I did. I saw it. It is real. I pulled over.

From the front, and from the back, either way, it's definitely an olive!

I'm not sure if The Olive in and of itself is worth the trip to Lindsay, but the Best of the Valley quilt show is!

Come and see! It's going to be great!

P.S. And why an olive? Have you heard of Lindsay Olives? This is where they come from...

No comments: