Saturday, April 28, 2012

Still in Unfamiliar Territory

 Now that I've gotten used to driving it, this car is pretty nice.  It's got some get up n go, just in case I need it.

As you can see, I didn't need it yesterday!
 We had some weather as I got on the road.  I wish I could blame that for getting lost, but when I did (get lost), the sun was shining.  *sigh*  I need a navigator!
 The giant chicken was my indicator that I was almost to Fancy Farm.  I noticed him the first day, and was glad my camera was out the last time I passed him.
 Have you figured out where I was?  I was in Paducah!  Just before I left, I voted for my Viewer's Choice quilts.  This was my choice for favorite wall quilt.
 "Fairer Still the Moonlight"
Rebecca Muir MacKeller of Canton, NY
My photo does not do the quilt justice.  It quietly hung there, sparkling.  Despite being a black quilt on black drape, it did not get lost at all.  The black just enhanced the beauty of the quilt.  And it is beautiful!  :)

And now I'm in Memphis (after a scenic tour of rural TN), and will leave shortly for Little Rock, AR.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Quilt Crazy said...

I bet your quilts looked great! Have fun.