Tuesday, June 26, 2012

9, 10, 11...

I'm finding that the embellishment phase of crazy quilting is almost as engrossing as the piecing part.
I've been loving every stitch.
 I find that even with my limited stitch repertoire, I can make the embroidery look varied, simply by changing threads.
 Eleven blocks complete, 2.5 to go.  I may even finish them today.
Do you see that purple fabric, with the white flowers in the center of the above block?  It is a scrap of fabric from the 40's.  My mom had a dress made out of it when she was a young lass.

Stay tuned.  Before too long, the blocks will be embroidered and I will begin assembling the top.  And then there will be applique.  And hand quilting.  The deadline is screaming, so I'd better get to work!  Laters...

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Sister Diana said...

Going to be just beautiful.

Diana