Friday, July 13, 2012

Guild Meeting

Yesterday's guest speaker at guild was Andi Perejda.  I've been a fan for years.  She does wonderful handwork, which is for the most part original.  (She showed a Hawaiian quilt from a pattern.)  Click on the above link, to find out more.
I took this picture, because it made me smile.  She matches her quilt.  When I showed her, she assured me it was unintentional.  :) 
 This quilt was made from purchased antique blocks.  What a clever idea!
 I liked this fabric.  She told me where to get it.  I'm going to have to look into that...
 Betsy showed this quilt during show & tell.  I love the way the white pops the color of the "dark" logs.  It makes me feel cooler.  :)
Inspiration can be found in the strangest places.  I like the stripy colors of this tank top, and the way the narrow bands of white both break them up and tie them together.
 And finally, how hot is it?

It is so hot that the Bird of Paradise now looks like Malificient as the Dragon, in Disney's Sleeping Beauty.  Does anyone else see the resemblance?
And on that, it's time to get back to that Hoffman.  It needs to be in Colorado one week from today.  Goals are good!!

No comments: