Monday, August 20, 2012

On Your Mark, Get Set...

Hurry up and wait.

I've been trying to prepare for the big house shift, as the Great Carpet Installation was scheduled to begin in two days.  I've been sorting, culling, shifting, boxing...doing all kinds of things to mentally prepare from what I am sure will be a week-long nightmare.

Good thing I'd told the dealer that I wasn't going to move furniture until the night before.  "Please call me the day before you are certain you will be here." 

The phone rang today.  "Suzanne?  Ummm, yeah, bad news.  The carpet hasn't left the mill yet, so it probably won't be installed until next week."

right.  Good thing I didn't get talked into putting the furniture in the garage over the weekend, as husband had suggested.

My reaction to the phone call? 

I went into the sewing area and whipped out two blocks and two postcard tops.  After all, I don't have to move furniture for another week, right?

And I called my sister, and said, "If I have a whole week, should I paint?"

hahaha!  Yep.  This activity is going to end up with me in the looney bin.

Gotta go.  I think I need to buy some paint.  :)

P.S.  Digging through drawers and closets unearths all kinds of treasure.
I'm pretty sure this was taken more than 20 years ago.  I don't think the mission (San Juan Capistrano) has changed much, but we most certainly have!

2 comments:

loralie said...

nice pic!
Isn't it interesting that once we start on a "home improvement" project we just keep adding to it, since we've got the mess anyhow...
Happy painting!

sewmuchfun said...

Love the pic. I had a jacket alot like that one :) Happy painting!