Monday, September 3, 2012

A Day of Labor

When I got up this morning, the master bedroom looked like this:
 When it was time for dinner, it looked like this:
 And this:
 Even the closet was this clean:
Unfortunately, when I got up this morning, the living room looked like this:
 And when I stopped for dinner tonight, it looked like this:
 Is anyone surprised that I found these books under some assorted stacks of stuff on my dresser?
I didn't think so.  I wasn't surprised either...

One of these days I should READ them, instead of just collect them.

On a happy note, the carpet layers will be back in the morning, with expectations of carpeting the entire master suite, the hall, and the hall bathroom.  Goals are good!

On an even happier note, I have adjusted to the new carpet in that it looks "familiar."  I am so relieved!  I was worried that I would have reservations about it or discover that I didn't like it.  But none of that occurred.  For the first time in 19 years, I can sincerely say, "I love my carpet!"  woohoo!  hip, hip, hooray!!

P.S.  This is for those of you who have also expanded to fill your living space.  If I can work through this, anyone can!  All it takes is grit, determination, and a substantial deposit to the carpet man, to keep you from backing out.  ;) 

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Things are getting done and found - all good things.

Quiltedtime said...

Love the books, Suzanne. I keep my classroom at work extremely organized. Home is another issue.