Thursday, September 6, 2012

Stage III

groan.
Double groan.
I was successful in completing my Tuesday night task, which was to move back into the master bedroom and clear out two more rooms.  Wednesday arrived bright and early, and by 1pm, I had this:
 and this:
Notice how much brighter room one is from room two.  Room one was painted 3 years ago.  Room two was painted at least 10 years ago, if not more.  There is a dingy spot on the wall in room one, where a head board had been.  TSP took away the dinge, the paint remained. 

I washed room two with TSP as well, but there's not much that a washing can to do brighten up cream colored walls.  This morning I woke up and started doing this:
 By 5pm, I had this:
Yes, those are new wood blinds.  May as well go for the gusto.  I'm going to wait until tomorrow to try to hang them, because I'm pretty certain there is not enough clearance for installation.  A good night's sleep will probably help a lot.

In the meantime, the living room is a kitty paradise.  Just ask Edgar:
"What?!"

I used up one of my "move the Studio" days.  That means that I've got about 48 hours to clear it out, as Sunday is set aside for other things, as well as clearing out the dining room.

I think I'm about ready to be done with this.  Then again, what am I to do with all of the things that apparently no longer have a place to be stashed?  hmmm.

Let's hope a good night's sleep brings some brilliant ideas with the dawn!

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

Press on, Suzanne! It will be worth it in the long run.