Thursday, October 18, 2012

Drive, Drive, And Drive Some More

So.  What a week.

On Friday, I drove from Visalia to Santa Clara to PIQF.

On Saturday, I drove from San Carlos (where I spent Friday night) back to Visalia.

On Sunday, our College/Career group met here for dinner and Bible study.

On Monday...I took a day off and cleaned and sewed a bit.

On Tuesday, I from Visalia to Bakersfield and back again, to have my Bernina serviced.  The tech now only comes every other week, and I got there on an off week.  I left the machine and will retrieve it next week.  maybe.

On Wednesday, I drove from Visalia to Fairfield and back again.  That's 221 miles one way, according to Google.  To Bakersfield it's only 82 miles (in one direction).

Can you say "I like gas" as much as I do?  I filled my tank 3 times in 2 days.  (Once was a top-off.)

I took very few pictures.  Here are some of yesterday's scenes:
 I got stopped on the wrong side of a drawbridge, for 15 minutes.
 I was on my way to an NCQC (Northern California Quilt Council) meeting on quilt shows.
 It took me almost 5 hours to get there, with all of the construction, but the meeting was worth every minute of the drive.
There were another 5 hours to drive home.
Do you think this farm family knew they would be surrounded by windmills when they built this homestead?
 The blur of this picture is about how my brain felt by the time I fell into bed last night.
 I always wondered where Rio Vista was.  A fellow in my freshman dorm was from Rio Vista.  Another was from Isleton.  Yesterday, I drove through there too.
And that's all of the travelogue I've got for you.

And I think I'm just getting started.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Whew! You have been a driving fuel - and when gas it so high. Sounds like all the trips were worth it (except to Bakersfield.) Good to know the guy is only there every other week. I've taken mine to Sierra Fiber Arts in Fresno the last time. They are a full service Bernina store.

Quiltedtime said...

Yow!!! Bernina sure isn't making it easy on you. I am sure you probably have a back-up machine or two, though.