Thursday, January 24, 2013

How Long Does It Take

to make a quilt?
People ask that all the time.  My answer?  "It depends upon the quilt."

I can tell you how long it took to make a surfboard quilt.  It took:

2 hours to cut apart 13 shirts.
25 hours to hand applique 50 surfboards.
46.5 hours to piece the tops.
14.5 hours to quilt them.
2.5 hours to make and attach the binding.
~10 hours to hand-tack the binding.

For a grand total of 100.5 hours divided by 2 = about 50 hours/quilt. 

whew!  No wonder I was tired!  I delivered the quilts yesterday.  Doesn't Tiffany look happy?  :)

For relaxation and unwinding, I am at Road to CA.  This morning's drive was a bit harrowing, with the pouring rain.  I'll admit that I was less than thrilled to pay $9 to park in 3" of mud.  :(

 But the rain stopped and the sun came out, and SoCal once again worked its magic.
I looked at quilts and shopped.

Tomorrow I have a class with Allison Aller...I am definitely looking forward to it.  By Saturday, I should have plenty to post about.  See you then!


2 comments:

Quilt Crazy said...

It was so nice to see you at Road. And Dinner was so much fun. I love the quilts you made and it looks like they were a hit!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I'm glad you came to dinner with us - lots of fun.