Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Zoom, Zoom...Again

Where were you when the sun came up yesterday?
I was approaching the Grapevine, on my way to Ontario.
There was snow on the Grapevine, but it's leftovers from last week, not new-fallen.  It looks cold, but it's actually warmer here (on the mountains) than it was on the valley floor.  I went from 34 to 59, in a mile or two.  In Ontario, it was downright hot.  My car said 80 when I got in it at 5pm.  SUCH a change from the valley.  toasty SoCal.  I'm just glad it's not Santa Anas!

I finished Surfboards #1, and am stitching binding on #2.  I'm halfway around.  I hope to deliver both quilts to Tiffany some time tomorrow.  woohoo!  I think I actually met my goal for the week!



I'm not sure you can see the quilting, but I put ripples in the sand, water, and sky.  They turned out really, really cute.  Now I want one.

But not today.

Can you believe it's already the 4th week of 2013?  It is.  wow.  This is a scary way to mark time.  It goes so fast!! 

Anyway, my goal for week 4 is to enjoy Road to CA.  I'm helping behind the scenes in the judging room yesterday and today.  On Thursday, I'll view the show, and on Friday I have a class with Allison Aller.

So much to do, so little time!

And yes, I am missing Pixel. 

On Saturday, I was watching her, and she ran into the Studio, carrying her leash.  Can you believe she thought I needed to get up and go for a walk?  It's impossible to resist that 5 little pounds of cute.



No comments: