Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Keeping Busy

check.  check.  check.  double check.

My To Do list is long.  And numbered.  And itemized.  There is so much to do, I'd be a fool not to write down every thing that I remember that needs to be done.  whew.

The list doesn't leave a lot of time for creativity.  But then, a creative outlet is the one thing I can count on to keep me going.  go go go.  So I try to make time, to be creative.

Last week I set a goal of " finish one of the quilts-for-hire and my Log Cabin, and get back to work on the last QFH."  hmmm.  One out of three ain't bad.  I finished the first QFH, as seen in my last post.  I knew that I did not have enough consecutive minutes to get any serious work done on another full size quilt, so I took off in a different direction.

I'm part of a postcard exchange, called Postmark'd Art.  I know I've mentioned it more than once.  For some crazy reason, I decided to sign up for three exchanges this quarter.  My time is almost up.  I've shown you my first group, "Texture," here.  On Sunday, I finished my second group, "Houses."


Everyone needs to live somewhere, right?  Why not by the ocean, in a grass hut, on an island?


Well they didn't say it had to be MY house, now, did they?  I don't think so.


They'll be in tomorrow's mail.  I had to buy some 1 cent stamps, to accommodate the postage increase.  *sigh* 

In other news, I've got a photo op here.  "Who me?  WHY do you insist on accusing me of putting my nose in cat litter?  I never!"


There's never a dull moment when Pixel is in the house.

We're beginning yet another week of 2013...I do believe we're up to #6.  whew!  For a minute there, I thought it was #7!

Time to set more goals.

As we inch closer and closer to April, Best of the Valley looms larger.  More time for quilt show means less time for quilting.  yikes!  I still have a quilt to finish.  I think my quilting goal(s) for this week will be to 1) finish my Log Cabin and 2) fill out the entry forms for my BOTV entries.  I can't start hounding anyone else until my own are in the books now, can I?  But you've been put on alert.  I WILL get my entries submitted, and once I have, well, I'll be on you to get yours together as well.

Remember:  If no one entered their quilts, there wouldn't be any quilts in the quilt show.  Please check out the website, download your entry form, and be brave.  If you've never entered a show before, enter one quilt.  It really doesn't hurt that much, I promise.  Then come see the show, and bring your friends.  They will ooh and aah and admire not just your quilt, but you, the brave one, the one who took the plunge and entered.

And on that, I am hoping that my mailbox fills to the brim with entries.  In fact, how about if we try to wear out my mailman?  He'd love it, I'm certain.  :)

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Bahaha!!! Mommy caught you, Pixel. Tha things pets do!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I still have to get some good pictures of the quilts I want to enter. But I will enter!! Love the postcards--I could live in a grass hut on the beach (provided it has electricity and and water/sewer.

pb said...

Did you do all that drawing with thread work. I love the houses give me a grass skirt and a beach and I would be a happy camper.