Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Beautiful Things

The garden continues to be a source of visual pleasure.  I'm not sure I like the early warm weather, but I do like seeing the blooms this year.  For the past several years, the blooming has begun during show week, and I've missed the daily sensory excitement of spring.

Last week's goals were to wrap-up show details and finish a new little wall quilt.  The show is in its final prep days.  I am so close to ready I can feel it.  The wall quilt?  Well, the applique is finished, I'm halfway through the embroidery, and if all goes well, I might quilt it over the weekend.  This all depends upon the show being ready to go.  Goals are good.

Quilts have been arriving daily.  Official check-in is Monday.  Mark your calendars now, if you haven't done so already.  Next Friday, we're having a quilt show!


2 comments:

Vivian Helena said...

love your Spring Colors! Your flowers are popping earlier than ours. We still need rain!
Sorry to miss the show this year. Enjoy!

pb said...

I love going out and seeing new colors daily. Your iris are spectacular.