Monday, April 29, 2013

Inspired by Sara

Last month, I blogged about our Art Group's design board challenge.  If you missed it, you can catch-up here.

While at retreat, I finished (except for embellishment) my first project.  The project took a surprising twist at the end.  Everyone at retreat held it one way when they looked at it.  I would tell them, "It's upside down," as they oohed and aahed.  As soon as I righted it for them, they looked confused and asked, "What is it?"

strange.

I took it back to my room and studied it, upside down.

I began with this:


Which I translated as this:


Flipped, it became this:


Which reminds me of this:


I took the last picture in November, when I was at Avila Beach.  Usually the sunset looked ordinary, but one night there was a big fire near Morro Bay that turned the sky fantastic colors.

Do you suppose this is what they mean when "they" talk about "Art" and "Inspiration?"

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: