Monday, June 10, 2013

Trapped

The carpet layers are here.  They are laying carpet.  It is AMAZING how quickly they are moving through the house.  The living room is about done, and they've moved on to the first bedroom, part of the hall, and the hall closet.  Amazing.

I may have let on how stressed I was about preparing for this.  Apparently I was even more stressed than I knew, as by Wednesday evening, I was flat on my back.  I stayed that way through most of the weekend.  We're talking almost 5 days of...nothing but moaning and groaning.  ;)  The doctor prescribed some antibiotics, and threw out a few theories.  My choice of the lot is diverticulitis.  All said, I did very little to prepare, and the carpet guys got to move EVERYTHING.

Right now I'm at the back of the house, seriously considering a nap.  I'm exhausted.  Five days of doing nothing can wear a person out!  Don't believe me?  You could try it, but I don't advise it.

While I sit here, I'll dream of being back at the coast, with the wonderful horizons.  Want to see some Ocean Waves quilts?  Some oldies but goodies?  I've posted some before, but others haven't visited the blog.
 "Joshua's Ocean"
Suzanne Kistler 1990
 "Memories of Malibu"
Suzanne Kistler 1992
 "Tempest in a Teacup"
Suzanne Kistler 1993
 "Tempest in a Demitasse"
Suzanne Kistler 1996
(Size comparison of 'Teacup' and 'Demitasse')
" The Wowie Gazowie Quilt"
Suzanne Kistler 1998
 Wowie Gazowie - close-up
"Ocean Waves for Sally"
Suzanne Kistler 2001
"Ocean Waves Revisited"
Suzanne Kistler 2002
"Waving At Tradition"
Suzanne Kistler 2006 (Hoffman Challenge)

Well that's been a trip down Memory Lane!  I don't know if I even remembered them all.  What I do know is...if I had to chose a favorite pattern, it might just be this one!!

5 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

I am sending hugs and prayers your way. This carpet thing is just too much, Suzanne. Hope it is all finished soon with excellent results.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Thanks for sharing all those beautiful quilts - I had not seen a lot of them before. Hope you are 100% healthy soon.

sewmuchfun said...

Hope you get better soon. Loved all of the quilts. Makes me miss Maui

Quilt Crazy said...

You do like the Ocean. So do I.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Brenda Knowlton said...

Ocean Waves is one of my favorites! Great to see these oldies-but-goodies. Creative from the beginning.

Brenda