Friday, September 6, 2013

Can You See?

I'm not sure if this will work - you might have to be on Facebook to see it.  But the link seemed to work when I tried it...

It's pictures of all of the quilts entered into the Thimble Towne Color Challenge.  To see them, click here.

Since my post, I've been told it's supposed to be a blind challenge.  hmmm.  I'd specifically asked more than once if it was blind (I was told no), and if I could post on my blog (I was told yes).  I told them I'd posted on my blog, they said it was fine.  But the display will remain blind through 9/14.  At that time, the "winners" will be revealed.

If you look at the quilts, you know that we're all winners.  Those are some AMAZING quilts!  All were made in less than two months.  Isn't it a wonderful collection?  So much talent in the valley!  Congratulations to all who were/are part of it.  I love it!

This week has been spent quilting-for-hire, and dog-watching.  Watching dogs is exhausting.  The pair of strays have been hanging out at my house every day this week.  We're trying to socialize them, and teach them manners.  I'm taking the day off.  I can't deal with them yet again.  I need to get something done, other than watch dogs.
They're still looking for homes.  I don't think I'm enough of a dog person to keep them.  Barking makes me crazy.

On the quilt front, I shipped a couple of quilts to the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza.  That show opens Sept 19-22.  Look for my wall quilts and say, "Hi!" to them for me, will you?

The Tulare County Fair is open 9/11-15.  I've entered 3 quilts there.  I've submitted a quilt to PIQF, and I've received my regrets letter from Houston.  whew!  I think that covers everything to date.

I'm not sure I mentioned a goal this week.  If not, it's to finish that quilt-for-hire.  I've made a lot of progress, but I'm not quite to the half-finished mark.  Perhaps by Monday?  Goals are good!

And then, next week, we'll be doing this:
Looks like fairy dust, but it's really raining walnuts.

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Wow! Those are some beautiful quilts. All so different.

This time of year is so exciting with all the county fairs. A group of girlfriends and I are already making plans to go to our fair.

Walnuts already? Boy, the years sure roll around fast. Is this your 3rd harvest?

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Debbie and I have spent some time trying to figure out who's quilt is whose. Luckily we knew which one was yours, I figured out hers and she figured out mine and we think we figured out Anna's, Deanne Farris, Charlotte and Kristens. We'll see how right we are. They are some beautiful quilts. I'm going tomorrow to see them in person and vote for mine, I mean my favorite. :)