Monday, September 23, 2013

Delightful Weekend

This past weekend was filled with quilts.  Can it get any better?  Well, maybe, if you throw in family too.  I have to make mention that my husband did accompany me to the Kings River Quilt Guild's show.  He chose to come - I didn't make him - because as he says, "Where else can you see that many smiling women in one place?"  His favorite is Paducah.  He's also been to Pacific International, and Best of the Valley.

But I digress.

My friend Pat was one of the Featured Artists.  Her display was as exuberant as she is.  Wanna see?



Pat's husband, Mel, was also there, selling some of his quilt-related wood creations.
I came home all jazzed about quilting, but didn't do any.

On Friday, I'd pulled out the RetroClean and set some things to soak.  What is RetroClean?  It's a miracle worker, nothing less.  Pictures are better than words...







I'm not sure if you can tell the difference, but the yellow lace is now so white, you can't even see it in the next-to-last picture.  The rose-embroidered pillowcases are first seen in the bin, looking quite yellow.  The yellow came out, and the linens now sparkle.  The stuff in incredible!

oh!  And I forgot, one more thing from the quilt show, speaking of lace...
Kristin is now selling hand-dyed lace.  I took one look, and chose 5 yards of 5 colors.  Don't they just make you salivate?  ;)



And I'll leave you with that.  I have more for you tomorrow.  woohoo!!



2 comments:

sewmuchfun said...

I missed the quilt show, thanks for sharing.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Sorry I missed seeing Pat's 'place'. Thanks for sharing it with me. Love the lace you bought. Kristin does a great job of dying fabric and now lace it seems.