To begin with, there's my 2014 UFO List. Is it shorter than the list from 2013? Not hardly. I may have crossed off 8 items, but each and every one has been replaced by something. No lack of confidence or feelings of intimidation here. Surely they will all be finished, some day. Maybe, just maybe, that day will come in 2014.
Here's my list as it now stands:
- Rose Window Grad Q for Andrew
- Pastel Lone Star w/Sweet Peas for Penelope (needs applique)
- Coxcomb for Allison&Jeff (needs trapunto finished)
- Log Cabin – BOTV floral fat quarters (basted)
- strip quilt – 6” blocks (basted)
- strip quilt – 8” blocks (basted)
- baby quilt - (basted)
- baby quilt – (basted)
- Christmas Leftovers Q for Penny
- Oceanside Surfer Q – Inspired by Sharon Scholta (needs quilting, embellishment)
- Free form Ocean (needs applique)
- Surfboard Q #3 – finish piecing, writing pattern
- Dog Q for Dick Heers – pieces cut, just sew it!
- Charlie in Color and Black and White – applique done, just sew it!
- Flying Penguins – pattern done, start cutting and sewing!
- Yellow Floral Bed Quilt – hire a quilter, and donate it!
- Turquoise Tropical Medley – either add to it, or quilt it!
- Bright/Black Feathered Star – either make more stars, or finish it!
- Kathy Sandbach 2 block Q – finish the quilting!
- Pansy Q – finish the quilting!
- President's Quilt, on point – finish border applique!
- Allison's Dinosaurs – quilt it
- Grandmother's Flower Garden (w/black background) – make a decision!
- Grandmother's Flower Garden (purple/green) – make a decision!
- Rainbow Charm Block Q – finish HQ
- “Buddy” - Nancy Brown terrier Q for WAJ
- Sharon Schlotzhauer Butterfly Q – finish applique
- 12 days of Christmas blocks – make a decision?
- Nutcracker panel
- Cow Christmas Panel
- Chicken Kit Quilt
- Noah's Ark (upside down rainbow)
- *Choose This Day
- *Mineral King – yellow flowers Q
- *Splashing in the River of Joy
- 3 Lilies
- strip-pieced squares/rainbow-ish...gotta do something with it!
- Hoffman 2006 leftover strips, bias squares
- Beautiful America
- Walnut Quilt – have the fabric, deadline is September
- BOTV Challenge
*have been living in my head for more than a decade.
Other quilts to make, but I don't even have the fabric or idea yet:
2014 Calico Mermaid Iris Challenge
2014 Hoffman Challenge
Do you think I have enough to keep me busy this year? I think, just maybe, I might.
And this doesn't even count all of the new projects that will spring forth from nothing as the days progress. Lots to do, goals are good, and there's no time like the present to begin.
First up: finish a Christmas card (quiltlet) that just needs binding and a signature. After that, I can begin quilting on UFO #6. On your mark, get set, GO!!