Monday, February 17, 2014

Busy As A Bee

Well!  Now that last week is over, I can relax.  HA!  Did you believe that?  Even for a minute?  It's not true, it's a lie.  Last week held the entry deadline for the Best of the Valley.  I received 20 envelopes on Friday, and 29 on Saturday.  Each holds an average of 2 entries, so I was processing them into the wee hours.  "Processing" includes making sure that the entry contains all necessary information, particularly the size of the quilt.  Photos need to be labeled on the back (that's often overlooked), checks logged, quilts invoiced...it takes about 5 minutes/entry, and with 200+, that's a goodly bit of time.  whew!   I guess I know where the week went, and why I haven't been blogging.

It's only going to get busier from here on out, so I apologize in advance for my scarcity.  I'll try to pop in now and then, but posting and commenting on other bloggers just hasn't been happening.  By the time I've peeked at your blog, I'm off and running, pulled in this direction and that.

I promised you a photo of the finished Log Cabin.  I try to always keep my promises.
"They Play Well Together"
Suzanne Kistler 2014

I'm not sure the photo does it justice.  The reds aren't as dominant in person.  In fact, the fluorescent green seems to be the one that pops when I look at it. 

The quilt name comes from my BOTV Committee.  One key characteristic is that they (we) all play well together.  They each presented me with a floral fat quarter at the close of the 2011 show, and I wanted to keep them together in a single quilt.  I had trouble deciding, but once I separated lights and darks, well, they did indeed play well together.  We always do.

And on that, I'm going to have to get back to my quilt show duties. 

If you entered quilts, I thank you.  And if you're in the area April 4-6, 2014?  I invite you to come to the show.  I've seen the submitted quilts, and I can tell you, they will blow your mind.  And that's a GOOD thing.  :)