Friday, February 21, 2014

Cats

For the first time since the dog arrived in September, both cats were spotted in the backyard.
 As Edgar loses the back portion of his mane, he reminds me of the Cowardly Lion.  "If I, were King, of the forest!"   rowr!  All he needs is a bow in his hair.
 Charlie is very intent, trying to stare down the dog.  It's working.  The dog turned tail and left.
I'm scheduled to take a week with David Taylor in a few months.  I've been trying to find the perfect subject matter for detailed applique work.  I have lots and lots of flower pictures, but I'm feeling in a bit of a rut.  Maybe cats are just the thing.  I sent off some pictures, and am waiting to hear yea or nay.  Subject matter must be approved in advance.

In the meantime, I'm getting ready to quilt my Best of the Valley challenge.  The deadline is looming, on March 1.  I've received 9 challenge quilts to date.  Each is unique and quite delightful.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the entrants have been working on.  Stitch faster, stitch faster!!

4 comments:

Quilt Crazy said...

Oh fun! David Taylor! I can't wait to hear about your week. He really likes the animal pictures.

And my Dogs wouldn't be afraid of those mean old cats! Hahaha!

sewmuchfun said...

I have taken a class with David, he is fun

Quiltedtime said...

We are quilting as fast as we can!!!

Nice to see some cat pictures. :3

Elaine said...

I love David Taylor's work-what a blessing to spend that much time with someone who does such amazing work! Your kitties are beautiful!