Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Immersed

These days I spend hours with my computer, eating breathing and drinking quilts.  There is no fiber involved, unless you count the paper.  type, type, type.  Quilts are hand-delivered in 12 days.  Shipped quilts begin arriving on Monday. 
What am I talking about?  It's spring, and with it comes the Best of the Valley Quilt Show.  Come and see, you will be delightfully surprised.  This year's entries are outstanding!  Check out the 2014 vendor page, to know who's coming.  We have vendors to indulge almost every fiber art you can imagine.
Outside, the flowers continue to do their thing.  My only part has been to ooh and aah and snap photos.  Love them!






I prefer to avoid political issues and politics, especially in this blog.  But when politics affect my life, my friends, my people?  I can't sit by idly, assuming someone else will speak for me.  I'm taking the morning off, to attend my first rally.

Tomorrow Spring officially arrives.  I'm still waiting for March to roar like a lion...  :)


4 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Thank you for being in charge of Best of the Valley. I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful quilts this year. (And the vendors!)

Quiltedtime said...

Egads! Better get that last sleeve and label sewn on this weekend. Where has March gone?

Quilt Crazy said...

I've got 1 label to finish.

I love this time of the year. Beautiful flowers and beautiful Quilts! :)

Elaine said...

looking forward to seeing pictures of the show-we have a trip to Seattle planned around that time for granddaughter #1's B'Day. I am with you politically and sometimes you do have to take a stand. We cut back 28% last year and our rates went up.