Sunday, April 27, 2014

zoomin'

So.  Did you figure out where we were and what we did between Wednesday and Saturday?

We flew to St. Louis, MO on Wednesday, and met our son's fiancee's parents.  They are getting married in July - our son and his fiancee, not her parents.  ;)

On Thursday, we drove 3 hours to Paducah, to see the quilt show.  We spent 3 hours flying through the quilts, then drove 3 hours back to St. Louis, where we met up with our son for dinner.

On Friday, my brother's FTC robotics team was competing in the World Championship.  We didn't see the finals, but they were finalists for the Connect (software) award, and won the Promote and Innovate (design) awards.  Out of a field of 128 teams, I'd say that's pretty outstanding, especially when you take into consideration the fact that teams often have a dozen or more members, ranging from 7-12th grade.  His team has 6 members, ranging from 7-10 grade.  wow.  stellar performance!

We joined them for dinner, then went to The City Museum.  If you are ever in St. Louis, you HAVE to go there!  Oh.  And we walked to the arch, twice.  :)

On Saturday, we went to the World's Fair Pavilion, to see where the wedding will be held.  We then went to the St. Louis History Museum.  From there, it was the airport and home.

I got up early this morning to finish my laundry and then pack.  By 2pm, I was here:



Do you know where I am?



I am at Asilomar, at the Empty Spools Seminar.  I will be spending the week with a large class of applique groupies.  We are gathered around David Taylor, and will be absorbing his every word.  Hopefully, some of his applique insight will rub off on me, and my next applique quilt will be something new and different (for me).  Goals are good!

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Enjoy Empty Spools and I can't wait to hear what you think about David Taylor. I took a two day class at Road to California with him a few years ago.

Elaine said...

Just one word: jealous! Have a great time!