Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Another Finish

I finished quilting my other string-pieced UFO.  yay!  See?  It's bound and everything!  Cross one more item off of my list.  yay!

Do you listen to Dave Ramsey?  I listen to Dave Ramsey.  He's a no-nonsense get-out-of-debt guru.  The key to his methods is the "debt snowball."  You line up debts, smallest to largest, then start knocking them off the list.  This week it hit me.  I should start a UFO snowball!  I could line them up by hours until finished, smallest to largest.  Or deadlines: soonest to latest.  Or importance:  now or pipe dream.  Anyway I want, I can snowball these projects.

The key to success is meeting goals with enough regularity to see myself making progress.

It worked with the budget, but I don't think it will ever work with my UFOs.  I want to work on ALL of the projects that I still have in my possession.  And I want to sew up ALL of my fabric, eventually. 

So maybe I won't eliminate my list entirely, but I am keeping track of what I am finishing, and marking another one done sure feels good!!


4 comments:

Elaine said...

I love the energy in your string quilt. Do you use a foundation for your squares? I added a finished list sand a proposed list on my blog just to keep me focused. I love checking off things:)

Barbara Sindlinger said...

There is something about checking off something finished on a list. Congrats on getting another one on your list crossed off.

Quilt Crazy said...

I really love those scrappy quilts. I need to stay focused and get some of my projects finished.

Sylvia said...

I did not know that you had that machine, glad you learned how to master
it! I used to make postcards for swaps. I have a basket full of postcards
from defunct yahoo group. I then did one swap with Postmark'd art (I think,
there were two blog based groups at the time, about 2008) and there was
such a lack of follow through I kind of gave up. Seeing your cards makes me
think I should try making some postcards again.