Thursday, May 1, 2014

Outstanding

I cannot say enough good things about this class with David Taylor.  He is an incredible teacher, who is amazingly encouraging.  I have loved every minute of it.

That said, I have made a point to walk around the grounds more than once, camera in hand.  There is wildlife everywhere, if you know where to look.

This little guy was outside my room.  He kept poking at the ground, looking for munchies.
 This guy, on the other hand, burst into song when I pulled out my camera.
 This guy...oh wait.  I think he's wood, not feathers.
For the first several days, the only deer I saw were wooden.
 Today I saw live deer and snaps numerous pictures.
 But it's the Galapagos Tortoise that really caught my eye.  Do you see him?
 And the Brontosaurus?
Maybe my imagination plays tricks on me, as my brain identifies this or that as something or other. 

But last night?  It was real.  It wasn't in the woods, it wasn't in the bushes, it was on the path/driveway, right there under the light.  And everything within me said "mountain lion."

Tonight I decided to forego a late night of working on my project.  Instead, I walked with the herd back to my room and will turn in early.  It's safer in here, especially hearing the reports of the animal noises that were heard 30 minutes after I saw the BIG cat.

oh my.

Tomorrow I head home.  It has been wonderfully memorable.  I've been truly blessed.

4 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

How many people are in your class? I love his work. I'll tell you my experience with him in class when you get back.

Quilt Crazy said...

I'm glad you are having a good time. And I can't wait to see what you create.

Sara Kelly said...

Kinda wish you had your camera to shoot the big guy.
What an encounter to have in paradise.

Elaine said...

Love the picture of the bird singing. I just love DT's work. What an amazing experience. Glad you weren't on the path with the big cat!