Saturday, September 13, 2014

All Good Things...Come To An End

Okay, so maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but really.  When you think about it?  A week viewing the ocean, vs. life dealing with dead lawn and dying trees.  Which would you choose?  yup.  Run away!!   And now I am back.  The lawn is still sporting dead patches, and the trees are wilted.  It's supposed to be 100 today.  It's like I never left, only I did.  And I have more than just pictures to prove it.  This was as far as I got on my last project.  It needs black lattice work, to make it resemble a stained glass window, but for now?  I think it's a good beginning.
Leaving wasn't easy.  It took an hour to pack up the van, and another hour to unpack when I got home.  Who packs like this, when they're going to the beach?!!
haha!  I can hear you laughing.  Of course ALL quilters pack like that when they're headed to paradise.  What better place to really relax and be creative?  None that I know of, that's for sure.  Especially when I have a whole room to myself, rather than half of a table.  :)

My mind is still flitting back to the colors of Not Here.



 I love this next picture.  Do you suppose there are more seagulls watching someone else taking a picture of seagulls watching me take a picture of seagulls watching the woman take a picture of...you get the idea.  :)  There were enough seagulls and cameras on the beach to get quite a queue!

And just before I left town, I saw the only sailboat of the week.  I guess the water had settled down enough after the Mexican hurricane to lure them out onto the water.
What a wonderful week of creating!  Now.  If I can just keep some of that momentum!  Happy Quilting.



2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Thanks for sharing the picture of the White Wings hibiscus...my favorite variety. They were so prevalent when I lived in Ventura County, but I never see them here. I have even asked in the nurseries if they ever get them, and they just give me a confused look.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Glad you had a good week. I think your stained glass piece will be spectacular. Glad the beach and being alone was inspirational. Now back to this awful heat. And yes, unpacking is the worst. I