Sunday, September 7, 2014

Away and Loving It

At home, the weather continues to hover in the low 100's, upper 90's.  I don't miss it, not one bit.  Here I sit, looking out over the ocean, listening to the crashing surf and feeling the cool breeze.  What could be better?  How about throwing in some quilting for good measure?

For now, while husband is here, we walk and eat and read.  But when he leaves?  Oh, this mouse is going to have a field day!

I arrived in time to see the sunset...
 I never tire of palm trees.  The tall slender ones are my favorites.
 Surfers are out all day long.  I guess there's another hurricane off Mexico, and the waves have been perfect for those so inclined.
 The Bird of Paradise blooms are just about spent, but they're hanging in there for the end of summer.
 This little bird was in such a hurry...where was he off to?

 oh!  He was in a foot race with the seagull!  He quickly left the seagull behind, though the seagull was actually moving at a pretty good clip as well.
 There were also paddle boarders out there, as the tide went out...
 In the tide pools, we spotted the elusive Flip Flop nesting area.
The first project I worked on was to stitch down some labels that have been waiting for attention.
 Next was to finish binding a long time UFO.
 TaDa!  Begun in 1988 - egads that's a long time ago!!! - I finished it yesterday.  It is called "Everyone Likes the Back Best."
 Here is the back.
And that's it for now.  Husband heads home later today, and I expect to transform into a stitching fool.  Goals are good!

3 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Well, I sure like your most recently finished UFO, but I am going to be contrary and say that I like the front best. I really like the feet of your quilt stand on the photo of the back side of the quilt. I would recognize those Topsiders anywhere.

Have a great time!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Great name for a quilt. Sometimes the back is better but I don't think the top is all that bad. Very tropical. Glad you are enjoying the cool beautiful, wave-ful coast.

sewmuchfun said...

Beautiful distractions at the coast!