Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Back to Busy

Number one on my ToDo List is a costume for my granddaughter.  She wants to be Snow White.  It feels like the new Snow White pattern was "dumbed-down" from the one I made for my daughter 27 years ago.  (oh my, how time flies!)  Instead of gussets, the new one called for fusible red wedges.  I made my own gussets.
 Yes, that was a sleeve, until I cut it apart and added 5/8" seam allowances.  Then cut from light blue, cut red pleats, sew in place, and...well, stay tuned.  I'm hoping for pictures soon.

I also made a couple of birthday cards, one is in the mail,
 the other one was delivered in person.
I'm still behind on multiple cards, but one of these days (fingers crossed), I'll get them done.

In other news, yesterday I received an email congratulating me for contributing to a book called "1000 Quilt Inspirations" by Sandra Sider, available February 15, 2015.

The funny thing about that, is that I vaguely remember submitting something, but have absolutely no idea what it was.  This notice of publication was the first indication I had that it was even received. 

One of my mottos/motivators is the phrase, "You can't (fill in the blank), if you don't even try."  As in, "You can't win a ribbon, if you never enter a quilt show."  Or, "You'll never get published, if you never submit anything." 

I really like it when I take my own advice, especially when it's good.  The worst that could have happened was that they'd say no.  And instead, it was the best.  woohoo!  Goals are good, and this one paid off.  woohoo!  :)

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Can't wait to see the costume. You always do such great work.

Quiltedtime said...

Those sleeves are intriguing. Can't wait to see this on Penny.