Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pacific International 2014

Last week was PIQF, in Santa Clara.  Every year I try to make the trek to see what wonders other quilters are working.  I haven't made a show quilt this year, so I didn't have an entry.  As it was, I had two hours on Thursday on my way up to the Bay Area and another two hours on my way home on Saturday.  It was a busy three days.

My friends did really well at the show.  woohoo!  There were quilts by Cindy Seitz-Krug:
And Sharon L. Schlotzhauer

And local hand applique, hand quilting star Judie Fleming...
They all did very, very well!  :)

The thing I excelled at was shopping.  I shopped on Thursday,
And then again on Saturday.
 I had a great, though busy time.  I'll leave you with the image of the quilt that impacted me the most at the show.
 This one stopped me in my tracks.  "I (kinda) know this quilt!"  I read the narrative, and she gave credit.  woohoo!!!
It was all fun, and I'm happy to share it with you.
 





3 comments:

sewmuchfun said...

How awesome that you inspired someone to make a quilt! It is beautiful!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

That is fantastic - must have been fun to come across it and then to read she gave you credit.

Vivian Helena said...

Did not make it this year. Heard it is the last year at this location.